OUR CHARITY BOOKSTALL IS TEMPORAILY CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL THE CURRENT LOCKDOWN PERIOD ENDS. WHEN WE RE-OPEN, IT WILL BE ON FRIDAYS ONLY, WITH A NUMBER OF SOCIAL DISTANCING RULES IN PLACE. WE ARE HOPING TO HOLD OUR NEXT BOOKSTALL ON: FRIDAY 12 MARCH (10am – 6pm).
NOTWITHSTANDING THE LOCKDOWN CLOSURES, WE HAVE CONTINUED TO DONATE £500 TO OUR CHARITY PARTNERS FROM RESERVES and ONLINE SALES.
YOU CAN BUY SOME OF OUR BOOKS ONLINE , EITHER DIRECTLY FROM OUR E-BAY SELLER ACCOUNT: ucefundraise
OR THANKS TO TWO OF OUR FABULOUS VOLUNTEERS, YOU CAN ALSO GO TO E-BAY SELLERS: mylovelybooks and/or br_foxy.
We have been running our monthly Charity Book Stall since September 2000, and raised over £100,000. We have approx. 10,000 new, second hand, classic and collectors corner books in stock plus a variety of DVDs, CDs and vinyl, which have all been donated and sorted by category/author as it helps many of our loyal customers find what they’re looking for.
Irrespective of the amount we raise, we commit to donating a fixed amount of £500 to our chosen local charity partner giving something back to the local community, who support us so well. The rest goes towards our current Church Fundraising Appeal.
For the fourth year running, we raised over £10,000 and in 2020 donated £6,000 to a number of different local charities and good causes. THANK YOU to everyone involved, whether a customer, volunteer or a charity partner, in helping keep this valuable community venture going.
Click here to see a summary of monies raised by the Bookstall in recent years.
FRIDAYS : 10 AM – 6 PM only
2021 Bookstall Dates & Charity Partners
JANUARY: NO BOOKSTALL
Fri 12 Feb (CANCELLED): Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Old Windsor
Fri 12 Mar: Surrey Air Ambulance
Fri 16 Apr : Staines Shopmobility
Fri 21 May : Samaritans (NW Surrey Branch)
Fri 18 Jun : The Penrose Club, Ashford
Fri 16 Jul : Shaw Trust (Egham Branch)
AUGUST: NO BOOKSTALL
Fri 17 Sep : Runnymede Dementia Carers Support Group
Fri 15 Oct : Runnymede Citizens Advice Bureau
Fri 19 Nov : Runnymede Foodbank
2020 Bookstall Dates
- JANUARY: NO BOOKSTALL
- Fri 14 / Sat 15 Feb : £1,600 raised : £500 donated to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Old Windsor
- Fri 13 / Sat 14 Mar: £1,260 raised : £500 donated to Surrey Air Ambulance
- SORRY, CANCELLED: Fri 17 / Sat 18 Apr: £500 donated to Staines Shopmobility
- SORRY, CANCELLED: Fri 15 / Sat 16 May : £500 donated to Samaritans (NW Surrey Branch)
- SORRY, CANCELLED: Fri 19 / Sat 20 Jun : £500 donated to The Penrose Club, Ashford
- SORRY, CANCELLED: Fri 17 / Sat 18 Jul : £250 donated to Shaw Trust (Egham Branch)
- AUGUST: NO BOOKSTALL
- Fri 25 Sep : £1,350 raised : £500 donated to Runnymede Dementia Carers Support Group
- Fri 23 Oct : £950 raised : £500 donated to Runnymede Citizens Advice Bureau
- Fri 11 Dec : £650 raised :
£500 + £250 donated to Runnymede Foodbank,
£250 to CENTREPOINT
£250 to EAST to WEST,
£500 to THE ME TRUST
£500 to @THELIT