We have been running our monthly Charity Book Stall since September 2000. We have approximately 10,000 new, second hand, classic and collectors corner books in stock plus a variety of DVDs, CDs and vinyl, which have all been donated and sorted by category/author as it helps many of our loyal customers find what they’re looking for.
Our bookstall is open once a month, during most months of the year. Irrespective of the amount we raise, we commit to donating a fixed amount of £500 to our chosen local charity partner giving something back to the local community, who support us so well. The rest goes towards our current Church Fundraising Appeal.
For the second year running, we raised over £10,000 and in 2018 donated £5,000 to local charities and good causes. THANK YOU to everyone involved, whether a customer, volunteer or a charity partner, in helping keep this valuable community venture going.
Click here to see a summary of monies raised by the Bookstall in recent years.
FRIDAYS : 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
SATURDAYS : 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Feb : £825 raised – £500 donated to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, Old Windsor
- Mar: £1,620 raised (a new record total!) – £500 donated to Surrey Air Ambulance + £250 to ME Trust – Old Windsor + £250 to Transform Housing – Runnymede Branch
- Apr: £1,275 raised – £500 donated to Staines Shopmobility + £250 to The Penrose Club, Ashford
- May : £1,500 raised, initially £500 donated to Samaritans (NW Surrey Branch)
- Fri 28 / Sat 29 Jun : Next Steps Depression Support (CornerHouse)
- Fri 19 / Sat 20 Jul : Shaw Trust (Egham Branch)
- AUGUST: NO BOOKSTALL
- Fri 06 / Sat 07 Sep : Runnymede Dementia Carers Support Group
- Fri 18 / Sat 19 Oct : Runnymede Rentstart
- Fri 15 / Sat 16 Nov : Runnymede Foodbank
- DECEMBER: NO BOOKSTALL
Our charity bookstall is entirely reliant on volunteers. If you are available to help set up, sort books and put them away again, for about 1-2 hours per month at any of the following times:
- Thursday evening (3:30 PM – 7 PM) : heavy work/set up
- Friday morning (8 AM – 9:30 AM) : heavy work/set up
- Friday daytime (10 AM – 7 PM) : light work/sorting books
- Friday evening (7:30 PM – 8:30 PM) : heavy work/pack away
- Saturday morning (8 AM – 9:30 AM) : heavy work/set up
- Saturday morning (10 AM – 12 noon) : light work/sorting books
- Saturday lunchtime (12:30 – 2:30 PM) : heavy work/pack away
…please get in touch. We will happily give you a discount or even some free books to thank you for your time.
- To register your interest as a volunteer, please email Graham Burrough, our bookstall co-ordinator, or come along during one of our bookstalls.